If you are planning on moving business premises, you will no doubt have lots to think about before the big day arrives. Here is a checklist to help make your move as stress-free as possible.
Moving Business Premises Checklist
- Contact your telecom provider at least three months in advance to advise them of your moving date. Remember that if new lines need to be installed then this could take several weeks. If you wish to take your current phone number with you, they will need to know this as soon as possible.
- Inform your gas and electricity suppliers of your planned move date with 2-3 months’ notice.
- If you have IT support, notify them as early as possible of the date you plan to move and ensure that they have engineers available to assist with moving and setting up technical equipment. If they provide your web products, they may be able to update the address on your website too.
- Arrange to have broadband set up at your new premises a few weeks before you intend to move (this should take no more than two weeks to complete).
- Ensure that you back up all of your devices to prevent any possible loss of data during the move.
- On the day that you leave your existing office, take gas and electric meter readings so that you can give accurate final readings to your suppliers. If you are moving during the cold winter months, make sure the heating is turned on in your new office space.
- Arrange to have your phones diverted to a mobile phone on moving day so that you don’t miss any important client calls or orders.
As you can see, there are a number of important steps to consider before moving, many of which require attention as much as 12 weeks before you plan to move. Having a dedicated project manager to handle these tasks will prevent any vital steps being missed.
If you’re looking into moving business premises then get in touch with MK Electrics Ltd to speak about your next project.