Installing Smoke & Fire Detection Devices in your Business
A smoke alarm is a necessity for every home and office: an inexpensive tool that can both save lives and help protect your property. And although you might be tempted into doing a spot of DIY by installing a few battery-powered smoke detectors yourself, it’s probably best not to. Instead, it’s best to find a professional electrical engineer who can install and maintain an up-to-date smoke, carbon monoxide or fire detection system that will keep both you and your property safe.
Why Choose a Professional?
- An electrical engineer will know exactly where to install the detectors throughout your building, locating areas that are high risk, and they’ll know exactly how many detectors you will need.
- An engineer will install a system that is right for you, including break glass points, alarm panels, detectors and sounders.
- A professional electrical engineer can advise and explain how to use the system, demonstrate how to test it on a weekly or monthly basis, and show you what to do should an emergency occur.
- A professional engineer will provide a system that meets the appropriate fire regulations required of a commercial property.
- An electrical engineer can install a system that suits your budget.
- Once installed your fire detection system will need to be tested on a regular basis every 6 to 12 months. If you have your system installed by professionals, they can come periodically to check that everything is in working order.
Calling for Help
Another important reason for getting a fire alarm system installed is to make sure that someone is alerted should an alarm go off when your building is empty. There are alarm systems that go straight through to the fire service who can send out a team regardless of whether there is someone in the building or not.
Are you looking for a complete range of electrical services for commercial, industrial and domestic premises?
Get in touch today with our form or call: 01670 528 429